Copyright Act Notification
The Copyright Act (Chapter 63) of Singapore and its subsidiary legislation (collectively the "Copyright Legislation") limit the liabilities of network service providers ("NSP"), including Giosis Pte Ltd (Qoo10), in respect of various services provided under the circumstances prescribed in the Copyright Legislation.
As such, Qoo10 (as an NSP) will not be liable inter alia in monetary damages for any copyright infringements under the circumstances stipulated in the Copyright Act, so long as Qoo10 has complied with the relevant conditions imposed by the Copyright Legislation.
In line with the above, if you discover any infringement of your material, you may send a duly completed take-down notice to Qoo10’s Designated Person (at the contact address listed below) in accordance with the Copyright Act. Upon receipt of a valid take-down notice, Qoo10 will take reasonable steps to remove or disable access to the material in accordance with the Copyright Act.
All Take-down Notices and Counter-Notices must be sent to:
Giosis Pte. Ltd.
5 Tampines Central 1
#04-04 Tampines Plaza
Attn: Compliance Team
Email : email@example.com
Tel : 6500-4440
Fax : 6735-3487
- Please provide us the following information to assist us in reviewing your claim:
- For Take-Down Notice (Claimant):
- (a) name, address, telephone number, facsimile number (if any) and email address of the Claimant, as well as the address for service in Singapore if the Claimant is not resident in Singapore;
- (b) sufficient particulars like URL or item code to enable Qoo10 to identify the alleged infringing material and its online location;
- (c) a statement that the Claimant requires Qoo10 to remove or disable access to the material;
- (d) a statement that the Claimant, in good faith, believes that the material is an infringing copy;
- (e) a statement that the information in the Take-Down Notice is accurate;
- (f) a statement that the Claimant is the copyright owner or exclusive licensee or that the Claimant is authorised to act on behalf of such owner or exclusive licensee; and
- (g) a statement that the Claimant agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.
- For Counter-Notice (Respondent):
- (a) name, address, telephone number, facsimile number (if any) and email address of the Respondent, as well as the address for service in Singapore if the Respondent is not resident in Singapore;
- (b) sufficient particulars to enable Qoo10 to identify the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and its online location prior to such removal or disablement of access;
- (c) a statement that the Respondent, in good faith, believes that the material was removed, or access to it was disabled, as a result of mistake or misidentification, or that such material does not infringe the copyright in any material;
- (d) a statement that the information in the Counter-Notice is accurate; and
- (e) a statement that the Respondent agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.
- Please note that under the Copyright Act, in the event that in any Take-Down Notice or Counter-Notice, a person makes a statement which is false, which he/she knows is false, or which he/she does not believe to be true, and which touches on any material point in such Notice, then he/she may:
- (a) be guilty of an offence and if convicted, can be fined up to S$10,000 or imprisoned for up to 2 years; and
- (b) be liable in damages to any person who suffers any loss or damage as a result of such Notice.
- Kindly note that, for any infringement notice to be duly examined, we require strict compliance with the above mentioned rules and format, and failure to obey any of the requirements of this policy in a timely manner may result in the refusal of your application and/or processing delays.
- We are committed to protecting the intellectual property rights of third parties and our company policy includes strict and deterrent measures as part of our Intellectual Property Rights Policy, including but not limited to, the removal of the item pages or the termination of the accounts of Users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe or violate the intellectual property rights of Qoo10 and/or others.
- Thank you. Giosis Compliance Team